The new MedCo process mandates a solicitor to use many different MROs, which are randomised by the MedCo portal. This brings completely new challenges for an expert seeking to have a stable and secure Medico-Legal Practice.
The reforms and the future accreditation of medical experts is fundamentally designed to make experts more independent through the fragmentation of the Medical Reporting Organisations. The Government have clearly recognised the negative side that having a small number of “Supermarket” style MROs has on expert independence. The reforms mean that your work will have to come from a much wider number of MROs and instructing parties, and this is a good thing.
Qualitas provides MROs with accreditation and a best in class IT platform so that they can demonstrate to instructing parties that they are not as good as the old big firms, but they have systems and business processes that aspire to reach even higher standards within the industry. And these standards include the abolishment of financial incentives, which the Ministry of Justice highlighted in 4 out of 6 paragraphs of the consultation response document.
• Qualitas Accredited MROs will pay experts on fixed terms, which must be within 6 months of the production of a report.
• Qualitas Accredited MROs will comply with ISO 9001, ISO 27001 guidelines and have access to a Caldicott guardian and an independent Chief Medical Officer.
• Qualitas Accredited MROs will pay experts properly and not continually erode the fee that is paid to the professional person who actually writes the report.
• Qualitas will provide experts with a best in class report writing platform, “Nephex Medical”, which is a completely free text template for completing expert reports, as well as a diary and clinic management tool, which helps experts streamline their practice.
• Qualitas will be working with leading educational establishments to provide Experts help and assistance with the new MedCo accreditation procedures as they develop over the coming months.
We work on a day-to-day basis with a range of stakeholders, including solicitors, MROs and medical expertsMORE ABOUT US +
Choose an MRO that is Qualitas accredited and reaches the highest standards
The Qualitas Accredited logo demonstrates industry leading business process and ethics
Benefit from the Qualitas best-in-class IT platform